Dial-up modem option:
Microsoft Networking and VPN Options:
- pcAnywhere is our preferred remote diagnostics solution when dial-up modems are the only available option for remote assistance. pcAnywhere allows our technicians to connect remotely using a 56K modem and analog phone line. Not only does pcAnywhere provide a high-level of security, it also offers a wide array of features.
Customer Provided Web-based Remote Access Tools:
- Window Terminal Services: Remote support using Windows Terminal Services (also known as RDP) via a public IP address or URL pointed to the server
- Microsoft® VPN and Window Terminal Services: Remote support using Microsoft's built-in VPN client to connect to the customer’s network and Windows Terminal Services to provide remote server access
Remote support using various remote access and desktop sharing applications that work through web browser plug-ins:
- GoToMyPC – Customer provides subscription.
- WebEx – Customer provides the WebEx sessions as needed.
- Live Meeting or Other Web Conferencing Utilities – Customer provides the meetings as needed.
Customer Provided VPN: Remote support using various web-based VPN applications provided by the customer such as Citrix, Cisco VPN, etc. (see VPN Usage Restrictions below)