Technical Services POC
The security of your emergency notification solution is just as important to us as it is to you. One minor change to your system by an unauthorized user can disrupt your established communications plans. In our concentration on the technology aspects of security we must not overlook the human aspect. For this reason, your Mass Notification Support team would like to remind you of a few points for keeping your solution safe.
- Support has a strict policy that only those individuals we have on file for your organization may get assistance from our team.
- You should limit support access to three or four people who have been fully trained to use the system. Other end users should reach out to these main administrators for assistance as it also keeps them abreast of what is happening on their systems.
- In the event of an emergency we may make a special allowance if we are unable to reach one of the main contacts for verification.
When adding contacts, please note the following:
Hosted customers (we host your system on our servers) can be #2, #3 or #5, but you should only choose one per individual.
Please categorize them in one of the following:
- NSS Server POC – This person is authorized to make any changes to the server including global changes.
- NSS Company POC – If you have multiple companies on your server, this person is authorized to make changes to their specific company only; they may not make global changes.
- NSS User – This person is authorized to contact support for assistance but may not make changes to the server.
- NSS Technical Contact – This person is in your IT or Telco department and is authorized to work with Support on specific issues relating to your infrastructure.
Customers could also have access to the following if you choose:
NSS Billing – This person is the site contact for all accounting and billing related items.